RES EXAMINATION RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Items permitted on the candidate’s table:
- Calculators (including financial and scientific calculators are allowed, however calculator applications on mobile devices are NOT allowed)
2. Candidate are allowed to bring calculators, including scientific and financial calculators, for REA and RES examinations. Mobile devices with calculator applications are not allowed as mobile devices are to be switched off and not kept in the possession of candidates during the examination. Candidates are required to:
- Ensure that their calculators are silent and without print-out facilities
- Ensure that there are no calculator covers, instruction leaflets or instructions / formulae printed on the lid / cover of the calculator
- Clear any information and / or programmes stored if the calculator is programmable or has the ability to store information
3. Place all other items (including notes, documents, mobile and communication devices, wallet and all other personal belongings) into your bag, and deposit at the designated area in front of the room. Any unauthorised materials found on the candidates during the examination shall be considered to be an attempt to cheat during the examination and candidates may be subjected to immediate disqualification and may be barred from future examinations.
4. Candidates without bags must place their personal belongings (incl. mobile devices and wallets) into the provided zip-lock bags and put them at the designated area in front of the exam hall.
5. Candidates are NOT allowed to carry their mobile devices during the examination. All mobile devices must be SWITCHED OFF (including all phone notifications and alarms) and placed at the designated area in front of the classroom. Vibration or airplane mode is NOT allowed. Any candidate found to be in possession of their mobile devices or fails to switch off their mobile devices during the examination will be IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED from the examination.
6. Candidates are NOT allowed to bring any smart devices with communications and/or recording functions into the examination venues, including but not limited to smart watches. Candidates found with such devices during the examination will be IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED from the examination.
7. Candidates are not allowed to interact with one another, other than the invigilator, in the examination hall, along the corridor or toilets once the examination has started.
8. Candidates are not allowed to open the Question Paper until you are given the permission to begin the examination.
9. Candidates are not allowed to scribble or write anything on the answer sheets or question papers before the official commencement of the examination.
10. Candidates are required to write all their answers in the answer sheets provided and not on the Question Paper.
11. Use only 2B pencils.
12. Candidates are not allowed to leave their seat during the examination without the permission of an invigilator. If you need to use the toilet, please seek the permission from the invigilator by raising your hands without disturbing other candidates. No extra time will be given for toilet visits.
13. Candidates are not allowed to leave the examination hall during the first hour or last 15 minutes of an examination.
14. The invigilator will give a verbal reminder during the last 15 minutes of the examination.
15. Candidates who have handed in their completed papers to the invigilator and exited the examination hall will not be allowed to re-enter under any circumstances.
16. Candidates must stop writing when instructed to do so by the invigilator and when the time for the examination is up.
17. Silence must be observed at all times during the examination. Candidates are to remain seated until all exam papers have been collected by the Invigilator.
18. Candidates will be asked to sign the attendance list 10 minutes after the commencement of the examination.
19. At the end of the examination, candidates must not leave their seats until the Chief Invigilator allows them to do so.
20. All copies of the questions and examination papers are property of CEA and must be returned to the invigilator at the end of the exam. Recording of examination questions in any form is strictly prohibited. Any candidate who is found to have recorded any examination question or leaves the exam hall with any examination paper will be disqualified from the exam and reported to CEA. CEA reserves the right to bar the candidate from future examinations.
21. Candidates who breach any of the rules stated above, will be immediately disqualified from the exam and may be barred from taking future examinations.
22. CEA and NTUC LearningHub take a serious view on cheating during the examination. Candidates found guilty of such act will be disqualified from the examination and reported to CEA. CEA reserves the right to bar the candidate from future examinations.
----------------- END OF RES EXAMINATION RULES & REGULATIONS ------------