Understanding Recruitment Practices (16 Hours)
Resourcing Talent module provides an in-depth understanding of the critical elements of attracting and recruiting the best person for each role.
In an environment where competition is fierce, it is essential for businesses to ensure they have the right mix of skills. This course starts with the concept of employer branding and how this impacts the attractiveness of the company to potential employees and the satisfaction of new and existing employees. It will give students an understanding of factors affecting resourcing and talent planning strategies, key legislation relating to recruitment and selection, the key stages in the recruitment and selection processes, and the benefits of recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce.
- Select appropriate recruitment and selection method
- Facilitate implementation of recruitment methods
- Review application of recruitment and selection methods
Select Appropriate Recruitment and Selection Methods
- Work with stakeholders to identify requirements for positions to be recruited
- Select appropriate recruitment channels and selection and assessment methods in consideration of relevant internal and external factors
Facilitate Implementation of Recruitment and Selection Methods ion Methods
- Review selection criteria to prepare interview/assessment materials to be used in the selection process
- Provide support to selection panel in the use of interviewing and assessment techniques to implement the selection process
- Facilitate evaluation of applications to short list candidates
- Facilitate evaluation of assessment data to select the preferred candidate
- Prepare package to provide offer to preferred candidates
- Inform candidates of selection panel’s decision to close off the recruitment and selection process
Review Application of Recruitment and Selection Methods
Facilitator: Henri Tan
Henri Tan has more than 18 years of experience in people management and people development since he started his career with the National Productivity Board in 1994, now known as SPRING Singapore. Henri was previously the Regional Human Resources Manager for a global geotechnical firm managing HR for the Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam operations. Prior to that, he was Senior Human Resources Manager for Rotary Engineering Limited, a local public-listed company in the Oil and Gas industry for 11 years managing several HR portfolios.
Henri holds a Master of Arts from the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), a post Graduate Diploma in Human Capital Management from the Singapore Human Resource Institute (SHRI) and a Bachelor of Social Sciences from the National University of Singapore (NUS). He had also obtained Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) in 2010, Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education (DACE) and Certified Workplace Learning Specialist (CWLS) in 2016, awarded by the Workforce Development Agency (WDA).
Additionally, Henri is also certified in Harrison Interview, a recruitment profiling tool as well as a certified trainer under the Brian Tracy’s Programme. Henri has been certified as SHRM-Senior Certified Professional, and was recently trained by CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) to deliver its HR and L&D programmes in Singapore.